Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another problem solved — I think

Another major hole has made its way into my online game.

In the past, I played tight-aggressive ABC poker online. It's a solid way to punish the numerous horrid players who populate low-stakes games. But sometime in the past month or so, I've changed.

I've started to speculate a lot more, playing suited connectors and one-gappers, as well as other hands I would have folded in the past.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that for the most part. To be honest, I think I've become a better poker player by expanding the hands I'll see a flop with. It's just that online, where the blinds move up fast and the starting stacks are small, that strategy doesn't work as well.

So I'm going back to being tight. So far, so good. After starting April on an unbelievably bad 0-for-14 streak, I finished second in an $11, 45-player SNG for more than $100.

1 comment:

cactus jack said...

I think seeing more flops teaches you to be a better poker player without necessarily guaranteeing you better results, if you know what I mean.