Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yahoo No. 1

While playing online poker, I constantly try to monitor my opponents. I make notes on their play. I also regularly check their numbers on OPR, and it seems that every night I find something more surprising.

Sometimes it's someone who has played 300 tournaments and cashed three times. Sometimes it's someone who has played 15 tournaments in the last four hours. But one guy last night really set the bar high for craziness.

Yahoo No. 1 (not his real fake name) has cashed for $236,462. Almost a quarter million dollars in cashes.

Notice I didn't say in "earnings."

That's because while he has won $236,462, his profit is only $5,986.

I can think of a lot of ways to make $6,000, but probably the most time-consuming way is to play in more than 15,000 SNGs and tournaments.

That means he's making about 40 cents per SNG/tournament, which isn't a great rate.

Collecting cans in the park would be more lucrative.

Of course, if you multi-table, I guess … no, you still can't make any money this way. Although this guy takes multi-tabling to a new level. He played more than 2,200 SNGs and tournaments LAST MONTH.

I love poker, but Yahoo No. 1 needs to get a life.

No comments: