Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cash in. Lots of cash out.

Took a break from the SNG world and played a cash game. I usually play stupid-low stakes, but I decided to buy in for $50 in the loosest 25-50 cent game I could find.

Turned $50 into $195 in about an hour. Played 60 hands and had aces two times, kings, jacks, tens and nines.

Check out this hand. No idea what the guy was thinking here:

Dealt to Hero:K♣ K♠
Preflop:
3 players fold.
Hero raises to $1.50
1 players fold.
Somedude calls [$1.50] 
Villain raises to $97.65, and is all in


Now, I don't know where you're from, but raising from $1.50 to $97.65 is not something I'm used to seeing. And anyone who knows me KNOWS I don't want to risk almost $90 on any one hand. But I have freakin' kings. So ...


1 players fold.
Hero calls [$83.40] [ all-in ] 
Villain shows : Q♥ Q♣
Hero shows : K♣ K♠
Flop: 2♦ A♣ J♥
Turn: 8♥
River: 5♦ Villain shows a pair of Queens 
Hero shows a pair of Kings 
Hero wins the pot ($168.80) with a pair of Kings

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At least he didn't show you AK. That would have sucked on that flop.

The SS said...

Very true, jscottpark, if that is your real name. (And if it is, you shouldn't be posting it.)

I don't know what I do if he just makes a normal reraise. Maybe we get it all-in preflop, maybe we don't. But if we don't, that ace is going to slow both of us down. He probably wouldn't have lost the whole mess. But he did.