Wednesday, August 26, 2009

KJs is brutal

Is two months too long to find out what hand costs me more money than any other? Mentioned it in June and then never revisited the issue.

The worst hand: KJ suited. And it's not even close.

According to Poker Copilot, KJ suited costs me twice as much per time it's dealt to me than the second-worst hand, which is ... I have no idea. I'm having some computer issues, and Poker Copilot might be one of the issues. I'll look into it and try to report back at some point.

Still, a quick view at the stats has helped me plug a leak. I look at KJs a lot differently than I used to. It goes in the muck a lot more than it used to, even though I don't remember playing it very often in the past. I just think that, when I did play it and did hit it, it ended up costing me a lot of money.

It doesn't mean I've tightened up even more. It just means I've replaced hands like KJs with more suited connectors, suited one-gappers, etc. It's probably way past time for me to open it up a bit anyway.

No comments: