Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What's that?

First hand of a SNG, and I get dealt AK suited in the big blind.

Under the gun raises to 90. Dude in middle position shoves all-in for 1,500.

I have no idea what to make of this. The dude has the little mark next to his icon that indicates he plays a ton of poker. But that doesn't mean he's any good.

Besides, from my experience, people who know anything about poker don't shove all their chips in in response to a standard raise.

So I call. What the heck else am I supposed to do?

UTG folds, and the shove monkey rolls over AQ offsuit. Before the cards hit the board, some guy types in the chatbox.

"Retards"

Another guy types:

"Some people just can't play postflop"

Not sure, but calling a shove with AK suited might not be an awful play. And the shove didn't leave me much choice but to NOT play postflop.

The great thing is I checked both players on OPR. Both of them are losing money faster than a 5-year-old with a hole in his pocket.

Retards.

No comments: